We have had quite the unique summer haven't we? I don't think fall will be much less topsie-turvie of a time either. But some traditions should remain strong, regardless of the turned-upside-down-times we are living through right now. Like Back to School Specials!!
All throughout the month of September, when Mom or Dad book a hair appointment with Kim, their child (13 years or younger) will get a FREE haircut. Now how can you beat that!? Book online or call Kim at 360-694-9008.
AN UPDATE TO ACA'S HOURS
Now that Kim is on board, we are able to get back to our normal work days. That being:
Sun - TUESDAY = Closed
Wednesday = 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Thursday = 10:00am - 3:00pm
Friday = 10:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday* = 10:00am - 3:00pm
* Angie will begin working every other Saturday, beginning in September. Kim will be available to serve you every Saturday.
If you already have a standing appointment scheduled outside of these new posted hours, not to worry, those appointments will still be honored. We are simply transitioning into hours that best serve our community while remaining time-efficient.
Thanks again for your loyalty and support during these crazy times of COVID. But with a little flexibility and understanding that we are all in this thing together, we will come out on the other side better for it!
The heat has been brutal these days, but that is what summer is all about, am I right?! To bring some relief, we want to offer you a cool experience in a styling chair at A Cut Above. Not enough of an enticement to brave the COVID-19 days of summer? Well... how about this deal:
Seriously. The wait is finally over! That's right. The heavens opened up and lead an amazing woman right into my salon...
While Clark County still waits for the Go-Ahead to move into Phase 2, we salon owners are left wondering just when we will open our doors. In June we hope! But we just don't know.
So while we wait for that big day, I wanted to take a minute to explain just how different your experience will be when you finally DO get to come back to A Cut Above.
The follow steps that you will be obliged to follow are due to new policies and procedures we salon owners are required by the State of Washington to adopt in order to re-open for business during these days of COVID-19. I thank you for your cooperation.
1. We need to work one-to-one only. Meaning no one else can accompany you during your appointment. Even if you both have an appointment, you each need to come in separately, as there will no longer be any seating in the reception area to wait. (exceptions: guardians of minors and caregivers)
2. When arriving at A Cut Above – BUT BEFORE you enter, please call 360-694-9008 to let me know you are here. I will let you know whether you can come on in or if you need to wait a moment more outside of the salon.
3. Because the work I perform requires me to be within your “personal bubble”, you will need to wear a cloth face covering. I will be wearing a face mask and face shield. We will need to wear these masks before you enter and during your entire appointment. If you do not have a cloth face mask, I can provide a clean re-usable one for you. When you leave, if you are using an ACA re-usable cloth face mask, you can take it off as you leave. It will be laundered and high-heat dried for reuse.
4. You will have your temperature taken with a no-contact thermometer, or if I do need to touch your forehead, the thermometer will be disinfected with alcohol before and after use.
5. I will ask you a 6-symptom COVID-19 pre-screening.
6. If you have a temperature (100.4 or higher) or have any of the symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell) you must call me BEFORE you come to your appointment to reschedule.
7. Once in the salon, you will need to wash your hands with running water and soap for 20 seconds and dry off with a single-use towel before we begin. I will do the same.
8. I will provide you with a clean courtesy cape to wear over your clothes before you sit down. I will change into a clean smock for your appointment and wear gloves throughout your service.
9. I now have a touchless check-out process. I want to strongly encourage you to bring your credit or debit card to make payment. (Cash and checks are very difficult to disinfect.) You will swipe your own card at check out. According to Square - my payment processing company - credit card companies no longer require a signature for charges made in US or Canada. Who knew? So, I will not require it either.
10. I had to (temporarily) remove my refreshments table. But you are more than welcome to bring your own snacks and beverages to eat during your service.
11. All reading materials have been (temporarily) removed from the reception area due to inability to effectively disinfect them and my soft couch and chair will no longer be available to relax in for the same reason.
12. Because of the difficulty in sanitizing, please ask me for assistance before removing anything from the retail shelves.
13. No need to worry about Contact Tracing data. All I need is your first and last name and phone number. And well, if you are my client, I already have that.
14. After you leave, I then need to take an additional 20 minutes (or more) to thoroughly wash down and disinfect all the areas and tools touched while you were here.
These new procedures will remain in effect until we hear something different from the State.
Blerg, right? Things will definitely be different at ACA, but I will do my very best to keep as much of the relaxed, comfortable environment you have come to know and love as I can. Here’s to a whole new normal! I look forward to seeing you again... in June... maybe...
(Now after reading all this, if you feel this is just too much change, or you feel you are unable or unwilling to meet these obligations, please contact me to cancel your appointment. No harm, I understand. We all have to do what we feel is best for ourselves.)
Remember to take care of you...
As painful as these words are to hear, A Cut Above will need to remain closed. Governor Inslee extended his 'Stay Home, Stay Healthy' order through May 31. However, during his news briefing today, he did lay out a four-phased approach for businesses to re-open and gatherings to resume with limitations and restrictions.
Remember we are CLOSED UNTIL MAY 5th
Governor Inslee has just announced an extension to his Stay Home Order for all Washingtonians until Monday, May 4th. Click here to see his latest announcement.
On March 23rd, a 'Stay Home' order was issued to take effect in the next 48 hours. If you would like to learn more about exactly what our governor had to say, just click here.
What does this mean to you, my valued ACA clientele? Well, this means that my salon will remain closed through April 6th. The order has a "two week minimum" wording. Leaving me to wonder just what my little salon's fate will be on April 7th and beyond...
But hey! I'm a "glass-half-full" kind of gal, so I plan to continue as though my doors will open once again. However, I encourage those of you who have booked appointments with me between April 1st - April 6th, to look for another date and time on my calendar that may work for you. Or, you can call 360.694.9008 and I can help you get scheduled.
Let's keep fighting the good fight! We ALL have the power to make meaningful change by complying with this Stay Home Order. We all have it within us to do our part to "flatten the curve" - to slow the spread of this pandemic. We CAN do this if we all cooperate!
So if my part in flattening the curve is keeping my doors closed for now, I am willing to do that for my family, neighbors, clients and community.
Thank you for your continued loyalty to A Cut Above and for staying home and healthy.
I hope to serve you and your beauty needs soon. (cuz, wow, let's face it: we are ALL gonna need it!!)
As most of you are now aware, Governor Inslee has imposed a two-week mandatory state wide closure of - among other businesses - tattoo studios, barber shops, beauty and nail salons. This mandate is effective immediately.
Sadly, this means A Cut Above will be closing its doors through March 31st. For those of you who had appointments booked with me, I will do my very best to get you back on my schedule in a timely manner.
As difficult as it seems, we have to accept our New Normal. By giving my full cooperation to our state government officials, I hope that my little business will be able to re-open very soon.
I pray that you all will take care of yourselves. Please, be prudent but don't panic. Just remember the basics:
Wash your hands often (even while in your own house)
Don't touch your face
Cover your sneeze or cough with your sleeve or a tissue [that you then throw away]; NOT your hands.
Remember to take care of you.
If not, ACA is running a SUPER SAVINGS EVENT all through the month of February, and you are going to FALL IN LOVE with this deal!
ALL inventory is on sale for 30% OFF the lowest marked price. This means incredible savings to you on the PROFESSIONAL products you love, and a great way to clean up my overstocked inventory. You will love stocking up on your favorites and I will love seeing a cleared shelf! What better month than February to share so much love. So be sure to hurry in - because this deal is limited to STOCK ON HAND.
Remember to take care of you...
January 1, 2020 begins the first day of the perfect year. 2020 is a nice even number; it has the same 20 in the front as in the back; a person's perfect vision is 20/20; so why not bring all this perfection into the new year!