We are making our way through our 8th Year here at A Cut Above! Can you believe my little business has grown so magnificently?! Well, we certainly know why: YOU!! Thank you kindly for your loyalty and love. Speaking of love, that is what this month is all about...
A MINUTE WITH MICHELL
In my life, I have fallen down and gotten back up too many times to count. But now I am at a good point in my journey and just want to share the love and support I received from all around me along the way.
FOR THE LOVE OF FEBRUARY Nomination.
Do you know someone who could really use a TOTAL make-over? During this month of love, now is your chance to make it happen! I want you to nominate the most deserving individual you know for a Day-Of-Love. We are talking: hair, waxing, make-up, nails, -the WORKS. I will even take a professional-grade photo of the Big Reveal as a keepsake.
This nominee does not need to be in hardship; this nominee may not need it done, but could really use a day to be pampered. This nominee may be a stay-at-home mother of 1, 4, or 10 children who could really use some ME Time. This nominee may be a single-mom who gets up every single day to take care of responsibilities and doesn't complain (or maybe she does!) and just really needs to relax. This nominee may not even be a mom. Maybe she is a woman who has been working hard to be where she wants to be! I welcome all hard working, successful, helpful, loving women stories. It's my turn to give back. Has someone come to mind? Then please I'd like to hear from you.
How to nominate that special woman you know: Tell me her story and why you believe she would be the BEST person to receive this fantastic experience. Your submission must include the person's full name, email and phone number, as well as yours, to be considered (nope, not gonna sell your personal information - never! I just need it to have full contact information) Mail your submission to me, Michell Pinson. Just click on "My Love of February Nominee" to submit your story directly to me.
Each and every entry will be reviewed by me personally. The best, most moving story of WHY your special candidate deserves to win will be chosen on February 28, 2019. The individual will be contacted and then a general announcement will be advertised [once we get her consent]. Good luck to all entries!
~ With Love To You,
Has created the perfect Valentine gift for your loved one, with a little something extra! She is offering GIFT SETS with GIFT CERTIFICATES included in one fabulous price. These are lovely little pre-wrapped Valentine themed bags just for your special someone! There are many to choose from:
A WORD FROM THE WRIGHT BALANCE
By Sabrina Wright, LMT MMLT
February is Heart Health Month
The heart is the hardest working muscle in the human body. Every single day, the average heart beats 100,000 times and pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood. In an average lifetime, that’s 2.5 billion beats! You know that keeping your weight down, exercise, and a good diet can keep your heart healthy. But what else can you do to keep your ticker pumping? Here are five simple things to do every day that will keep your hard-working heart strong!
1. Eat healthy fats. We need fats in our diet, including polyunsaturated and unsaturated fats, and a limited amount of saturated fats. One fat we do not need is trans-fat. Trans-fat clogs your arteries by raising the bad cholesterol levels (LDL) and lowering the good cholesterol levels (HDL), which can increase your risk of developing heart disease or having a stroke. By cutting trans-fats from your diet, you improve the blood flow throughout your body. Read the labels on all foods. Trans-fat appears on the ingredients list as partially hydrogenated oils.
* Stick to a healthy diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and fish, and limit sugars, sodium, processed and red meats, and make it a point to avoid eating foods with trans-fat.
2. Get enough sleep. Sleep is an essential part of keeping your heart healthy. If you don’t sleep enough, you may be at a higher risk for cardiovascular disease no matter your age or other health habits. One study looking at 3,000 adults over the age of 45 found that those who slept fewer than six hours per night were about twice as likely to have a stroke or heart attack as people who slept six to eight hours per night.
* Try to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep. If you or your partner snores and wakes up feeling tired, talk with your doctor.
3. Keep moving – don’t sit for too long at one time. In recent years, research has suggested that staying seated for long periods of time is bad for your health no matter how much exercise you get. This is bad news for the many people who sit at sedentary jobs all day. increase. In addition, sitting for long periods of time, especially when traveling, can increase your risk of a blood clot (deep vein thrombosis).
* It’s important to move throughout the day. Break the TV habit in favor of exercise, or, if you have room, exercise in front of the TV. And remember to exercise regularly, 30 minutes a day, seven days a week.
You can dramatically reduce your chances of heart disease or a heart attack by following healthy lifestyle habits. Pay attention to good habits early in life and incorporate these habits into your lifestyle and your heart health will be the best it can be for you.
For all your bodywork and wellness needs The Wright Balance is available to support and encourage you in your health goals. Give us a call at #360-624-1585.
Remember to take care of you...